I am sure that many lovers of such a car brand as Volkswagen have faced a common question like: volkswagen passat vs jetta. In this article I will tell you about the main characteristics of these popular between two cars vw slightly larger passat, volkswagen jetta, the comfort they can give you, fuel consumption, safety, and also about one thing of the most significant differences between them and help answer the key question: which is better car, vw jetta vs passat?
- 1 Volkswagen Jetta vs Volkswagen Passat: Interior Space
- 2 2021 VW Jetta vs 2021 VW Passat: Engaging & Efficient Performance
- 3 Do you want a customized ride?
- 4 Safety features volkswagen passat vs jetta: Driver-Assist Technology
- 5 2021 VW Jetta vs 2021 VW Passat: Infotainment Volkswagen Passat
- 6 Volkswagen Jetta vs Volkswagen Passat: Choose Your Sedan
Volkswagen Jetta vs Volkswagen Passat: Interior Space
The size difference between the volkswagen Jetta and the volkswagen Passat is one of the most striking. The VW Passat right sedan is mid-sized, bigger car then VW Jetta sedan is compact and smaller car. This gives them slightly different interior dimensions and interior features. Both cars can comfortably seat five people, but the VW Passat, which is mid-size, has more space.
This is mostly a matter of personal taste as it relates to the other pros and cons of the vehicles. So, call this one mostly a stalemate with a slight edge for the Jetta. Jetta vs Passat Price In a straight up battle of price, there is definitely a difference between the Jetta and the Passat but they’re not the same kind of car so that’s to be expected.
Cargo Volume cars: 14 cubic feet, 16 cubic feet.
Passenger Volume cars: 94.7 cubic feet, 102.2 cubic feet.
Leg passenger room cars: 54 inches, 57 inches.
2021 Volkswagen Passat interior
The volkswagen Jetta offers slightly less cargo space but has 60/40 split folding rear seats. This will enable you to use more of your passenger room space to store things fishing poles or skis. It also helps the volkswagen Jetta vs volkswagen Passat catch upin terms of maximum cargo space and larger trunk in your car. The Passat is more expensive, but you’re not only paying for rear-seat leg room, you decide.
These differences can be expected since the volkswagen Jetta, a compact vw sedan, and the vw Passat, a mid-sized sedan, are different. It’s up to the customer to decide if they need the additional inches and cubic feet that the Volkswagen Passat offers or if the smaller Volkswagen Jetta is more suitable for their needs, if you often have passengers or just enjoy having more cargo room in your vehicle.
Both the Passat 2021 and Volkswagen Jetta 2021 have many features that will make your ride more enjoyable. The driver memory feature seats of the Volkswagen Jetta may be a better choice if you plan to share your new car with others in the family. This feature will allow you to save your preferences and start every ride exactly how you want.
The Volkswagen Passat also has a multi-function leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters. This makes every ride easy and comfortable. This means you don’t need to reach for the steering wheel for any reason.
Jetta vs Passat Cargo Space No surprise here the Volkswagen Passat would be the winner for space simply because it’s a larger car.
The Passat comes with a 15.9 cubic feet trunk well the Jetta has 14 cubic feet. Not a huge difference, but it still gives the edge to the Passat. And that makes sense since it’s a midsize car compare to the compact Jetta.
The VW Jetta as well as the VW Passat have Climatronic, dual-zone automatic climate control, and heated front seats cars. This will ensure that you are not only protected from the elements but also comfortable. The VW Jetta has ventilated front seats that keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
Passat is also currently under a recall related to the headlights. There are situations in which the headlights can be adjusted out of alignment, causing a problem with visibility and safety.
2021 Volkswagen Passat interior comfort
The VW Jetta and VW Passat both offer premium seating options, which can make you feel like you’re in a cocoon for hours. You can find fabrics that are as comfortable as the previous, depending on which sedan you close choose.
The Jetta has five trims available, from the basic S model with a manual transmission to the SEL Premium with just about every bell and whistle available.
These seat higher trims can be fitted to the VW Jetta:
You can also choose between these trim level for the VW Passat:
- V-Tex leatherette.
Whatever vehicle condition you choose to drive, all passengers will enjoy soft-touch surfaces that make long road trips more comfortable cars. You can choose the Volkswagen Jetta with additional leather for a premium ride. The V-Tex fabric class in the VW Passat is durable and can withstand any spills or saved vehicles.
It’s worth noting that there are only two trim packages available right now for the Passat while there are five trim packages available for the Jetta, which includes a manual transmission option not available for the Passat. You need to factor in other expenses when you’re determining the price between a Volkswagen Jetta and a Volkswagen Passat as well.
2021 VW Jetta vs 2021 VW Passat: Engaging & Efficient Performance
The larger cars, VW Passat is more powerful than you would expect. The standard 2.0 liter TSI engines, turbocharged 4-cylinder engine produces a lively 174 horsepower, against 147 horsepower in Volkswagen Jetta, and 206 lb.ft of torque, and also better fuel economy of your Volkswagen. But what is the passat price and base price?
The Volkswagen Jetta jd engine power has its own turbocharged 1.4L TSI, turbocharged engine that produces 147 horsepower engine and 184lb-ft torque. It’s obvious that both the jetta have the internal strength to get to wherever you need to go.
Both cars are also very fuel economy:
VW Jetta VW Passat epa estimates:
EPA-Estimated Cities 30 mpg 1 24 mpg 2
EPA-Estimated Highway 41 mpg 1 36 mpg 2
Each Volkswagen passat vs jetta is able to get great gas mileage EPA estimates. However, front-wheel drivetrains help them achieve excellent fuel efficiency. Front-wheel drive vehicles are usually lighter, which means they burn less gas while in motion. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.
The Passat does have a larger fuel tank, clocking in at 18.5 gallons while the Jetta is carrying a 13.2 gallon tank. The end result is an EPA claim of 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway for the Jetta, compare to 25 in the city and 36 mpg on the highway for the Passat respectively.
Do you want a customized ride?
Both vehicles offer the option to customize their drive. You can choose your driving habits mode in the 2021 VW Jetta. You can choose the right mode for you with four options.
- Eco: This drive mode is for fuel-conscious drivers. It optimizes shift points and throttle response to increase fuel economy in the city;
- Normal: This mode is best for daily driving or weekend errands;
- Sport: This drive mode is for those who want a more energetic drive. It offers a tighter steering and a faster throttle response;
- Custom: This mode allows you to adjust steering, throttle and ACC as you wish.
A similar feature is available in the 2021 VW Passat’s 6-speed automatic transmission with sport mode and tiptronic shifting. Such communications as the 6-speed automatic transmission is smooth enough to give you a smooth ride. However, sport mode allows you to have more fun and feel more car active. Passat is not as quick to pick up speed as the Jetta.
Safety features volkswagen passat vs jetta: Driver-Assist Technology
2021 Volkswagen Passat safety The VW Passat, and the VW Jetta bring many standard safety technologies to the table. Each model offers a variety of driver-assistive technologies including:
- Adaptive cruise control: Just push button start and it will keep your Volkswagen at a pre-set distance to the car in front, while allowing you to adaptive cruise control along at your choice of speed;
- Blind Spot monitor: When you signal a lane shift, this feature will alert you to cars that are in your blind spot monitoring rear cross with sharper graphics, blind spot monitoring rear cross traffic;
- Forward Collision Warning: This feature alerts you to possible front-end collisions and applies the brakes if necessary;
- Lane Assist: If you drift out of your active lane, this system can alert you without you having to signal;
- Light Assist: This feature will keep an eye on high beams so you can see clearly without blinding other drivers.
The standard safety features of these VW models include:
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System (APSB): This system applies brakes after an initial collision to reduce the possibility of further damage, saved vehicles;
- Intelligent Crash Response system in the city: This feature turns on all hazard lights and shuts off the fuel economy in the event of an emergency and autonomous emergency braking;
- Forward automatic emergency braking: If the drivers fails to activate the brakes when there is a possibility of collision, this system will work in conjunction with Forward Collision Warning;
- Rear cross traffic alert forward: Rear cross traffic alert you when a vehicle passes behind your VW car.
Worth noting these systems, such as vehicle close search along with many other passive systems, will give you more control over your car and give you a better view of the world around. Passat and the Jetta score nearly identical Insurance Institute for vehicles Highway Safety ratings.
The Passat, clear cut winner, counters by having a more sophisticated chassis, left unchanged, that tends to control body roll better than jetta. Notice at collection of personal information name this field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
2021 VW Jetta vs 2021 VW Passat: Infotainment Volkswagen Passat
These features make it easy to stay connected in the VW Jetta as well as the VW Passat:
- Bluetooth technology: is for you if you want to stream audio from your smartphone quickly and easily;
- App-Connect: If streaming audio isn’t enough, smartphone connectivity – connect to your smartphone and use selected apps to check your maps, music or make phone calls to your business partners or call service phone number, also recall related, call parts phone number, mobile phone number, sales phone number, first name, keyword search, search find songs, several factors USB ports satellite radio, hd radio and proximity key entry;
- Apple CarPlay cars, Car Net, Android Auto: These integration systems allow you to seamlessly play Adele’s discography or your current true crime playlist. Or, the new sci-fi audiobook that you’ve been excited about;
- Receive emails, text messages, and phone calls, which may be recorded and/or sent using reliability automated dialing or emailing equipment or software, it’s nice to have the option to opt out of them.
Both jetta the passat have a very reliability infotainment system and audio systems that will allow you to listen in a completely different way and open today. The VW Passat offers the Fender, eight-speaker Premium Audio System.
You can also opt out for the BeatsAudio sound system in the Jetta which is one of the most affordable cars Volkswagen. You can connect and keep moving no matter what you choose.
Enter your mobile mobile number and someone from Faulkner Volkswagen Mechanicsburg will respond with a text to your phone right away.
Which is the best car?
If you’re having a big family often you have passengers, if you want a performance sedan or family in your car or you often pack everything into your car: the Passat is for you. It is larger powerful and easier to control. If you like capability but in an even smaller package, that Jetta is for you.
There’s more money available for this option and there’s higher fuel savings. Again, as we’ve said in the beginning there is only one choice – so pick one! That’s when you ask us to choose between two really good and delicious cakes. They all taste so good but you have to do preference! Volkswagen Jetta is better than Passat – it’s just too hard!
Volkswagen Jetta vs Volkswagen Passat: Choose Your Sedan
Faulkner Volkswagen wants to make it easy for customers in Mechanicsburg and Camp Hill to choose a quality sedan for sales. This Volkswagen Jetta vs Volkswagen Passat comparison should have helped you to weigh your options.
The Passat handles well and is an extremely comfortable, reliable car to drive but it would arguably be even less sporty than the Jetta. The base model 2020 Passat S in dealer has a starting MSRP of $22,995 on service dealership market.
Volkswagen has been known as one of the most reliable automakers in the world but repairs needed on both cars occur less frequently than other cars in their vehicles class on average, and when service do require repairs, they are less severe and less costly than on most other cars.
So, you really can’t go wrong with either the Jetta or the Passat in that regard. If you head to JD Power and Associates service, you’ll see that the Jetta is slightly ahead here cheaper then VW Passat.
Features the 2021 VW Jetta and the 2021 VW Passat other hand are great choices for reliable compact or midsize sedan that are efficient, powerful, spacious, and comfortable.
Jetta is your best bet open today, with it starting msrp, lower price tag on market today, jetta’s have a starting price of just $18,895 in dealer, cheaper and sporty then VW Passat.